Saturday, May 03, 2008

Should I feel hurt? or is this too funny?

I found a neat video of racing RV's, I sent it to some people I know who RV, and would get a kick out of it.

Lo and behold, the emails I sent to people at parkcity.org were all returned. with the following message.......

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

**********@parkcity.org

Technical details of permanent failure:
PERM_FAILURE: Gmail tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. The error that the other server returned was: 551 551 Mailhost is on our global blacklist (Mode: normal). We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. Thanks for your continued support. (state 14)



My email address was rejected? by parkcity.org? PERM FAILURE?

A fine example of Park City Municipal/Police Department constipation or obstipation?

This is just too funny, it looks like Park City municipal is scared of me sending emails to some of my old friends..... Or is this part of the general fear of the unknown, am I going to send them virii, worms, trojans, or some such..... yeah, yeah, I gonna DOS them, DDOS em or make the entire Park City network a robot site bending to my will...

Is this another example of the ostrich effect (putting their head in the sand?), I figured the new IT department would know better by now, they were much much smarter than the old Daughtee/Sunday combination.

So I just used another email address to let everyone know, you can't ban them all guys...

BTW, if you say your just banning all gmail addresses, you are losing the ability to recieve messages from millions of Gmail users, do you really want to do that?


P.S. On followup, a nice IT person at recipient Park City Muni unblocked gmail after one of the email recipients complained. It was possibly an over-enthusiastic spam filter....

No comments:

Post a Comment