Saturday, November 21, 2009

Headin' to warmer weather?



Here I am, below Gold Beach, Oregon headed south under cloudy skies. To the east I can see snow capped hills, and the Siskiyou's reported 12 inches new snow.

I stayed dry all the way into California. Near Port Orford the wind was gusting, and the waves were crashing, I wanted to stay and watch but the truck and trailer were rocking from side to side.

I ran out of dry road and into darkness just north of Eureka, and have pulled into a rest stop on Hwy. 101. California Rest Areas let you stay (rest) for 8 hours during a 24 hour period. I have batteries and an inverter, propane, onboard water and dump tanks, why not just take advantage of anything California offers for free? I'm even getting 15 channels of TV (8 digital) With the Verizon Air card I have internet access and get to upload a photo. LIFE IS GOOD...

No comments:

Post a Comment