Sunday, December 27, 2009

Of lights and flames, and lonely moths

Do you ever wonder why a moth will circle and circle around a light, or a flame?
It's lonely, it is drawn to the light, it's a bit like salvation and the other side all in one.
It wants to renew itself someway, to feel young again, to not be alone.
To do the impossible once again, to feel love, a sense of belonging.
If it goes into the light, it can be totally absorbed and wander forever in a loving place.
If it goes into the flame, it can be consumed and renewed, if only in the mind.
Meanwhile, it circles and circles, sometimes singeing it's wings, hurting and wanting.

My life and my story continues, I want to acknowledge my light, Natalie, and my flame, CJ.
I wish you both the best in life, I hope you each find love, laughter and happiness.
Each of you in your own way changed my life, I will not abandon a moment of my memories, although some times tears start falling, I am blessed to have such people in my life.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment